Responsible for the administration and support for hardware and operational systems. Formulate and define basic system scope requirements and objectives to improve or enhance supported applications and/or hardware systems. Apply basic understanding of system capabilities and subject matter knowledge to resolve issues. Assist in developing detailed supporting documentation. Perform basic application programming and analysis to automate system functions on supported platforms. Analyze and revise existing system and hardware difficulties and development of related documentation. Coordinate with technical teams and business users to maintain optimum availability and stability of systems and hardware across multiple environments.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform functional/technical analysis, root cause analysis, server configuration and testing.
- Perform background job configuration, monitoring and maintenance
- Monitor task performance, troubleshoot and effectively resolve technical issues
- Maintain server, hardware and system performance by planning and executing tuning activities
- Perform basic configuration and\or script programming to automate system functions
- Monitor system redundancy and backup operations as requested to support business and support team needs.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of system and/or hardware upgrades
- Establish and cultivate strong working relationships within internal and other IT teams
- Collaborate with security team to ensure proper security and eliminate vulnerabilities of systems
- Assist in developing and maintaining system documentation per departmental standards
- Perform server and/or hardware maintenance such as firmware and OS updates
- Seek higher learning opportunities to expand knowledge and understanding of supported systems
- Fulfill department requirements in terms of providing work coverage during system upgrades and outages or as business needs require
- Assist with IT projects as needed
- Demonstrate flexibility and do what’s needed to meet and/or exceed customer expectations
- Other duties as assigned
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred.
- Understanding and configuration of LAN and WAN topologies, VLANs, setup and troubleshooting of IPSEC VPN, routing protocols to support distributed networks and failover, configuration of NAT and ACL on firewalls, Wireless Network Support
- Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA Administration
- Knowledge of Citrix Netscaler a plus
- Experience with MPLS, SilverPeak SDWAN a plus
- Strong technical aptitude in order to comprehend and support complexities associated with various network architecture design
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
Minimum of 3 years related experience