The SCADA supervisor is responsible for the oversight of SCADA room staff who work around the clock in a field office. He/she is accountable for safe and efficient operations by delivering 24/7 reliable communications with the field equipment; coordinate work executed by contractors to implement, improve, and maintain edge computing devices and communications systems. Building and maintaining alarm protocols, callout systems, and databases that support company initiative. Develop SCADA employees in systems and production operations skillsets. Understand cross-functional impact of processes and demonstrate working knowledge of IT principles and procedures. Provide technical responsibilities of an individual contributor at a comparable Systems Analyst level.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively support, coordinate, and prioritize activities of staff within functional area including scheduling, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Perform data monitoring, escalations, and issues within functional area.
- Support the Production Operations and Engineering teams with a customer service first approach
- Actively participate in cross functional projects and initiatives.
- Lead the performance management process for SCADA staff.
- Monitor and adhere to budget
- Improve and maintain field comms and their UPS systems
- Map field devices to tags working with 3rd party SCADA + Historian
- Audit databases and field installations for accurate device mapping and identification
- Coordinate reporting and other measures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of common business practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Some supervisory or management course work a plus.
5-7 years relevant experience strongly preferred.
SM Energy requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated by their employment start date as a condition of employment. SM Energy follows federal, state, and municipal law prohibiting discrimination and retaliation on all impermissible bases outlined in those laws. Thus, if any applicant believes in good faith they may have a bona fide religious or disability-related exception to these requirements, SM Energy will make an individualized assessment and if required, engage in an accommodations analysis and dialogue.