The Engineering Technician works under general supervision of the Produced Water and Fresh Water Foreman to provide technical, analytical and administrative support to the PW/FW Foreman.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gather, maintain and analyze basic data and reporting from various internal systems including AVM, Scada, and spotfire to daily trend and analyze water meters for both PW and FW systems.
- Provide supporting data via research from public sources such as IHS and regulatory agencies to ensure all FW and SWD permits are keep up to date.
- Generate monthly reports based on standard procedures to provide project performance tracking for Fresh water meters, meter skids, and Ponds as well as all produced water meters and SWD’s.
- Assist department members in the preparation of technical reports, presentations and backup data required in project evaluation of the FW and PW systems. Ie. Calculate monthly cost/economics to operate each SWD.
- Perform basic calculations and preliminary analyses of data in support of SWD well performance and water well performance.
- Prepare end of month water meter reading reports and prepare check request and route to AP. Track and ensure all water lines are through skids and updating in AVM daily.
- Duties may vary for discipline specific technicians and may include:
- Work with Measurement specialist to ensure PW and SWD meters are proved and on a schedule in emaint.
- Work with emaint team and Setup emaint PM’s for all SWD and PW system components ie chemical program, H pump’s, drives, tank cleanouts, tank probe cleanouts,and generate CM work request for all SWD and PW systems
- Work with finance team to ensure water company accurals are accurate and tracking all PW and SWD associated cost
- Coordinate new SWD facility PSR’s and track actions items and close out of all items and load PSR’s into emaint.
- Support as needed coding and processing all SWD related invoices.
- Conduct business safely and with the highest ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic level of skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge of the following discipline specific programs:
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Production: AVM, Spotfire, Scada, Emaint, Open Invoice
- Drilling: WellView, AFE Navigator
- Completions: WellView
Basic knowledge of the industry and operations. Basic knowledge of the following discipline specific skills:
- Production: Ability to create organized spreadsheets with basic calculations and functions, understand pivot tables, merge and manage data. Ability to work in AVM with minimal support, make updates to master table items, understand scenarios, qualifiers and input settings. Ability to execute and modify queries in MS Access. Understanding of drilling and completion operations and the AFE process. Ability to work in WellView and AFE Navigator with minimal support. Basic understanding of state and federal permitting and regulatory reporting requirements. Skilled in PowerPoint with the ability to create and present.
Technical associate degree or related experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.Typical Experience:
Minimum of 2 years of experience in related field or industry.