Sr. Contract Specialist
This role is responsible for supporting Supply Chain Management (SCM) in delivering measurable value through implementation and execution of required Contract Administration (CA) tools, processes and procedures. Accurate and timely responses, resolution and follow up to SCM, customers and client issues are keys to success in the role.
Responsibilities cover a wide range of activities including routine administrative, analytical and process management support to the CA function. Consistent and high-quality analytical support is required to assist SCM in delivering top quartile results in CA and is key to streamlining activities and facilitating process improvements.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, able to work well under pressure, and make rational decisions without always having the complete picture.
Under minimal supervision, deliver the Contract Management element of the Supply Chain discipline in a way that delivers value to the Company. This is accomplished through joint efforts with the SCM Team, Operational Clients, Legal Staff and SM's Suppliers.
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION/MANAGEMENT PROCESS:
- Oversee the SCM Reporting, Systems and Processes. Develop and establish key tools that support all stakeholders
- SCM liaison and focal point with BIO/IT for SCM systems design (e.g. START), enhancements, bug fixes, tools and applications, project management, QA/UAT testing and final authorization to release changes to Production
- SCM functional lead and focal point for Source-to-Pay process
- Actively participate as member of Data Governance Advisory Council
- Approve requests for access to SCM SharePoint sites and SCM owned distribution lists
- Develop and oversee the Contract & Database Administration processes, procedures and interfaces, and ensure that they are working efficiently. Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are tracked, reviewed / challenged for continuous improvements
- Update and maintain START Admin tables (roles, ISN data feed, workflows, supplier types, documents, etc.)
- Contract Administration focal point to SCM, Operations and Supplier
- Facilitate ongoing maintenance of Supplier records in START
- Receive, review and file supplier's Certificates of Insurance (COI)
- Load and maintain key CA documents in the START Repository
- Track and manage the Exempt Supplier process
- Oversee New Supplier Onboarding process and interfaces to ensure all elements are working efficiently and are being reviewed / challenged for continuous improvements
- Facilitate new Supplier onboarding and ensure 1) a Master Work Agreement (MWA) is executed, and 2) valid insurance is in place (as appropriate)
- Facilitate Supplier setup and insurance review by ISNetworld (ISN)
- Track status of new Supplier setups, MWAs and redlines
- Oversee the contractor status process to ensure key elements are developed and implemented for appropriate contractor recognition
- Oversee SCM-CA relationship management with key SM external Stakeholders
- Corporate liaison and high-level focal point to ISN for matters involving the ISN agreement and subscription fees, supplier profiles, insurance protocols, data feeds, reporting, annual assessment, industry benchmarking, insurance and EHS metrics, employee access and training, etc.
- Oversee SCM-CA relationship management with key SM internal Stakeholders
- SCM liaison and focal point for policy and procedures related to quarantines, payment holds, supplier status, SAP, vendor set-ups
- SCM liaison and focal point for policy and procedures related to credit, supplier terms, Accounting and Corporate projects (i.e. Cost Code Description updates, etc.)
- Liaison between Operations, Supplier, SCM and AP for setup and/or changes to START
- Liaison between Supplier, Operations and Legal for MWA redlines and/or variances
- Liaison between Supplier, Operations and ISN for insurance variances and related issues
- Design and oversee SCM-CA controls processes and ensure that they are managed effectively
- Review SCM-CA Controls Reports and work with operations and others to resolve issues
- Verify the status of any agreements with bankrupt suppliers and notify Legal
- Oversee the SCM Red/Green Dashboard Grade management process, analysis and KPIs
- Work with Operations, Supplier, and ISN to resolve issues (i.e. expired insurance, missing MWA, etc.)
- Support ongoing MWA rollout efforts
- Assist in special projects and other duties (as required)
- Develop and maintain SCM Finance Cube Reports (supplier/category spend, annual, quarterly, monthly and ad hoc reports, etc.)
- Develop and maintain SCM Power BI Reports (Red/Green DBG, status, controls, KPIs, etc.)
- Develop and maintain SCM Sourcing Calendar and related Mgt reporting (Bus Stop, etc.)
- Assist SCM and Operations with running and analyzing Supplier data/reports (i.e. Open Invoice, START, SAP, Finance Cube, SharePoint, etc.)
- Performs, trains and refines expenditure analysis (Co., Region, Supplier, Category, etc.)
- Performs, trains, and supports supplier spend requests from SCM, Operations, etc.
- Performs, trains, and refines supplier classification (Qualified, Approved and Preferred)
- Performs, trains and refines supplier status reporting (Green or Red)
- Performs, trains and refines suppliers without MWA status reporting
General Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrates a proficient understanding and delivery of the application and interrelationships of all Supply Chain disciplines. Identifies, recommends and implements methods for improving processes for efficiency and client benefit. Possesses a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills, strong customer focus and pays attention to accuracy and detail with the initiative to investigate, analyze and resolve problems. Able to perform detailed analyses and calculations and draw valid conclusions.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Proficient knowledge of Oil & Gas Contract Management principles, methods, systems, processes, tools, analytics and reporting. Must be able to develop results that drive value. Must be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders, clients and suppliers and provide recommendations on subject matters.
Proficient in performing complex systems operations. Ability to extract data and translate to information using tables, graphs, and charts. Strong understanding of the purpose, expectations and desired results of analysis. Strong understanding of patterns, correlations, and trends to support decision making recommendations to all stakeholders. Recognizes relationships of data between processes and the impacts on expected results. Ability to draw conclusions and communicate results of analysis within SCM team, clients and other functional groups.
Proficient understanding of general business policies, procedures, objectives and organizational structure. Supports company goals and promotes company culture and values. Proficient understanding of how business activity integrates into financial processes with an understanding of business metrics and functional risk factors.
Ability to recognize and assess unique and non-recurring problems and propose solutions. Understands the big picture impact and the scope of problem. Recognizes stakeholder's perspectives and works towards common objectives. Seeks and monitors feedback and outcomes and adjusts, as necessary.
Creates personal engagement, ownership, and accountability. Completes roles and responsibilities accurately and timely. Is organized and actively manages individual and team priorities, time and distractions. Demonstrates initiative and aligns to project purpose and objectives.
Bachelor's degree required in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Engineering. Professional certification preferred.
Minimum of 8 years of Oil & Gas Supply Chain or other relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient knowledge of SCM contracts with emphasis on MSA/MWAs - Preferred
- Good understanding of Certificates of Insurance (COIs) - Preferred