Senior Cloud Infrastructure Professional
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Professional at SkipTheDishes, you will work with an elite team of developers to build scalable systems and troubleshoot using various tools. You will also be responsible for ensuring our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. You will be responsible for product functionality and scaling services or introducing new services; mitigating risks and making sure systems are reliable.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Delivering defined business goals.
- Fostering a strong team.
- Professional development of team members.
- Contributing and adhering to patterns and processes.
- Managing stakeholder expectations.
- Measuring success.
- Using best practices to improve products/ services or processes.
- Responsible for the performance and results of a team within its own discipline or function.
- Defining the team’s operating standards and practices.
- Day-to-day supervision of the team.
Recipe for Success:
- Real-world experience building scalable systems, working with large datasets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure.
- Deliver solutions for platform scaling, performance troubleshooting, service failover, and optimization.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and the tools and services available. Cloud networking and Cloud security is beneficial.
- Experience with Docker containers, microservices architecture, AWS Lambda, and Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS and Fargate.
- Experience with System logging and monitoring using tools such as Prometheus, Graphite, E*K stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash, FluentD, and Kibana), and CloudWatch.
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices, Terraform, Jenkins CI, Concourse CI;
- AMQ, RabbitMQ, AWS SNS/SQS, Kafka, Pusher or other asynchronous communication systems is an asset.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Deep understanding of Java 8 (Java 11 is beneficial) and peripheral tools.
- Commercial experience, some of which has been working at a Senior to Principal level
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality work and driving best practices across teams and departments
- Experience of looking broadly across the discipline of software development and market best practices
- Successful stakeholder management experience
- Business or accounting experience is useful
- Proven leadership skills: coaching, mentoring, performance management, recruitment.
- In-depth understanding of a specific discipline within Technology (ex: Product management or software engineering or design or end-user computing). Has subject matter expertise and experience
- In-depth understanding of a specific product area or technology (ex: Search iOS or networking)
- Good understanding of how to drive a high-performance culture within their team
- Broad understanding of Skip's day-to-day business, strategies, and priorities across the company as a whole
- Basic understanding of all disciplines within their team (EX: software engineering, product management, design, research)
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.