We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
- Contributes to the direction of their discipline within JUST EAT
- Well developed communication skills, including public speaking
- Well developed leadership via influence
- Self- Starter
- Coaching and mentoring - provide coaching and mentoring to other professionals within their discipline.
- Shapes and delivers elements of the induction for new practitioners in their discipline as they join the company
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy and recommends processes, product or service improvements
- Solves complex problems with broad impact on the business
- May lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Contributes to building PoCs and MVPs of new implementations as part of cross-functional teams to drive the company forward technically
- Works across technical teams on general architecture and design patterns as well as their implementation
- Bridges between business needs and strategic technical vision, contributing to the overall technical direction in key ways to enable the future of the business
Accountable & Responsible for:
- Continuous improvement - ensures their discipline continuously improves by initiating new processes and practices. They will then use their influence, and the respect others hold them in, to have them implemented more widely across teams
- Consultancy - provide consultancy to any of the Technology teams where required. As part of this, they may be called upon during acquisitions, partnerships, and divestments, to participate in due diligence activities relating to their discipline
- Recruitment - participate in the recruitment within their discipline, including sitting on panels and setting and reviewing tests
- New teams - help Technology Managers to bootstrap new Key Results teams when necessary. They bring the architecture knowledge which is essential to define how the new team will interact with the rest of the platform, if new components need to be created to support the objectives and which Component and Ownership Group would support the new component
- Innovation - identify innovation opportunities related to their discipline and will promote these to the Directors, Heads, and Managers of Technology. Follow up on this to work as part of the team implementing PoCs and MVPs to prove out the new opportunities
- Communicate - evangelize the work of their team to other teams and potentially publically (blogs/speaking etc). Communicates across many levels of the company, and also externally, in a clear, concise manner
- Professional Development- actively looks for opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge using internal and external sources. The Principal keeps up to date with the latest industry blogs.
- Raise up opportunities and identify gaps in the general technical population at Just Eat for additional training and coaching at a broad level in order to enable higher adoption and competency in critical technical skillsets and technologies
- Has full autonomy and accountability for decisions taken
What It’s Like To Work At Skip
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.