Senior SOC Engineer
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be seen as a partner to the wider tech community who takes responsibility for supporting rapidly changing global e-commerce platforms. You will seek to continuously improve the reliability of our platforms & tooling, supporting the continued growth of the business. The role requires a well-rounded and upbeat person who can hit the ground running and build collaborative relationships to support the dynamic environment we operate in where speed to market and reliability are critical components of success.
- Evidence of Strong Troubleshooting, problem-solving and investigative skills
- Experience of AWS or Other cloud providers
- Major incident management on experience operating production platforms at scale
- Experience working with distributed web applications.
- Experience Automating operational tasks / Processes using other languages.
- Understanding of relational and/or NoSQL data structures
- Experience mentoring/influencing peers
- Identifying improvements, highlighting risks vs benefits, and translating them into technical requirements.
- Worked with C# .net, Python, node or Powershell
- Experience working with Serverless / Containers
- Experience of ELK &/Or Graphite/Prometheus / Grafana
- Used APM Tools in production before
- Operated a production Windows Environment
- Experience Chaos Engineering / Failure Injection Testing
- Experience of working in an Agile Environment
- Experience working in a similar site reliability role
The Platform Operations Team is responsible for the primary operation & availability of SKIP’s platforms and services around the world. The team is responsible for identifying and resolving issues in production (ideally before they become visible to customers) and working with the wider engineering community to ensure we chase down and mitigate areas of risk.
You'll be working as part of the wider Reliability Engineering department to help define and shape the future of our global platform and services. You’ll be operating our global AWS Platforms at scale.
What It’s Like To Work At Skip
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.