Senior React Developer
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Skip continually looks for high performers who are excited to join our entrepreneurial team to revolutionize food ordering and the delivery industry. We are a technology and logistics company that partners with restaurants across North America to provide access to top restaurants. Skip simplifies this process and provides an exceptional experience to users by leveraging leading-edge technology and an extensive courier network.
How We Work:
- We take ownership of our work and work closely with our team.
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks.
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse.
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result.
- We constantly push our app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges.
- We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them head-on as a team.
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it.
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient.
- We hold ourselves to the highest operational standards - availability, scalability and security.
Recipe for Success:
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining React.js or React Native apps.
- Solid understanding of ES6, JSX, and Node.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging.
- Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development.
- Experience building large scale responsive web applications.
- Solid understanding of REST principles and exposure to backend APIs.
- Mastery of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Solid understanding of Version Control (Git) and related tools such as Github and Bitbucket.
- Experience with agile processes (continuous development, delivery, and improvement).
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices and tools such as Jenkins.
- Understanding of Websockets.
- Solid knowledge of React, TSX and Hooks.
- Solid understanding of Redux and it’s patterns.
- Solid understanding of TypeScript, developing type.
- SASS/SCSS, CSS-in-JS or Styled Components.
- Frontend Development tools such as Webpack, Babel, Yarn, etc…
- Ability to deliver the best patterns and practices to solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Additional points for:
- Experience or familiarity with Functional Programming concepts.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Google App Engine and Python for Frontend.
- Experience with Cypress E2E Testing.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.