We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Skip continually looks for high performers who are excited to join our entrepreneurial team to revolutionize food ordering and the delivery industry. We are a technology and logistics company that partners with restaurants across North America to provide access to top restaurants. Skip simplifies this process and provides an exceptional experience to users by leveraging leading-edge technology and an extensive courier network.
Team: Software Engineering - Restaurant Live Orders
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, especially Java 8 lambdas and streaming functionality
- Experience with AWS cloud services and the tools and services available
- Experience with Docker containers, microservices architecture, AWS Lambda and Amazon ECS and Fargate
- Experience with System logging and monitoring using tools such as Prometheus, Graphite, and CloudWatch
- Experience using Git and related tools like GitHub and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices, Terraform, Jenkins CI, Airflow, AMQ, Kafka, Pusher or other asynchronous communication systems is an asset
- Familiarity with React Native or eager to learn
- Passion for engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, and code reviews
- Good understanding of continuous delivery, deployment and integration
- Work with data persistence in relational, MySQL, unstructured and/or cached forms
- Deep understanding of Java 8 concepts, like lambdas, and streaming functionality
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Ability to deliver best patterns and practices to solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services and message brokers
- Experience implementing engineering best practices such as TDD, building monitoring metrics, and code reviews
- Understanding of continuous delivery, deployment, and integration
- Previous exposure to data persistence in relational, MySQL, unstructured and/or cached forms
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
How we work:
- We take ownership of our work and work closely with our team
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result
- We constantly push our app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges
- We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them head-on as a team
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient
What It’s Like To Work At Skip
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.