Business Intelligence Analyst
Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of software developers, engineers, and data scientists? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s Engineering Team is the place for you.
As a member of Skip’s Platform BI team, you will be responsible for leading business-analysis initiatives in pursuit of growth and efficiency for a specific business Insights & Analytics team. You will be a go-to person when it comes to data-driven insights for the I&A team and will assist in constantly elevating the effectiveness of the team by helping answer the right questions and ensure the team has access to timely data to drive their business decisions.
In your role you’ll be the champion for your business area and be responsible for understanding needs, specifying requirements, negotiating resource constraints and priorities, and ensuring quality, accuracy, and consistency of data.
- Objective & Operational Reporting - build and maintain a selective set of reports/views that provides visibility into key objectives for your stakeholders while avoiding data sprawl
- Project & Initiative-level Reporting & Analysis - build reporting and analysis of high-impact projects to track & determine success on a project-by-project basis
- Opportunity Analysis - understanding the needs of the business function, analyse data to identify new opportunities, challenges or threats, in support of the business strategy
- Practice Leadership - coach business function team members on use self-serve tools (eg. Tableau) and act as a leader in principles of data analysis (eg. proper statistics, data presentation, etc.)
- Promoting Consistency - coordinate with other business partners to ensure consistent definitions across the entire BI portfolio
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years experience in a management reporting, business intelligence, or business analysis role
- Can own the quality, accuracy and completeness of BI deliverables, and requirements lifecycle management
- Strong analytical skills with experience in data & analytics
consulting,and handling large datasets with detail
- Strong stakeholder communications ability and stakeholder management to support a specific business function and
distilland communicate insights from data
- Experience in SQL, Excel, Tableau and/or other business intelligence tools would be considered an asset
- Experience with IIBA business analysis techniques and/or CBAP would be an asset
- Combination of BI, computer science, business analytics, or engineering education and experience is an asset
What it’s like to work at Skip:
At Skip, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You can take part in building a major Canadian tech company that is growing every day — and you can grow with it. We will work with you to find your limits, and then help you surpass them. The more you contribute, the further you’ll go. Since establishing our Winnipeg headquarters in 2012, Skip has grown from less than 20 staff to a national brand with more than 1800 employees and processing millions of orders each month.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.