We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong hands-on experience with Python
- Hands-on experience with backend simulator/algorithm frameworks
- Good SQL skills are required
- REST API knowledge is required
- Experience using version control software, Git is a plus
- Understanding of code best practices and standards. We also expect that you understand PEP, using Sonarqube
- Experience writing Python test cases is a plus.
- Prior experience with TDD
- Familiar with Jenkins, JIRA, Git, PyCharm or other software development cycle tools
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Work well both independently and as part of a team. You will actively participate in design discussions and code reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
What It’s Like To Work At Skip:
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you—you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
This is just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.