We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
The Service Operations Team is responsible for the primary operation & availability of SKIP / Just Eat’s platforms and services around the world. The team is responsible for identifying and resolving issues in production (ideally before they become visible to customers) and working with the wider engineering community to ensure we chase down and mitigate areas of risk.
You'll be working as part of the Reliability Engineering department to help define and shape the future of our platform and services. You’ll be operating our global AWS Platforms at scale.
- Incident Management experience
- Strong Troubleshooting, problem-solving and investigative skills
- Experience operating a production environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in an agile environment to deliver software
- Experience of Scripting / Automation
- Worked with C# .net, Java, Python, Ansible
- Experience of ELK, Splunk, Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana
- Experience of AWS or Other cloud providers
- Used APM Tools in production before
- Operated a production Windows or Linux Environment
- Experience of working in an Agile Environment
- Worked a shift pattern before
- Monitoring our production environments and reacting fast to prevent or reduce customer visible impact.
- Accurate Escalation of incidents when required
- Communication of production issues to key stakeholders
- Troubleshooting, reproducing and mitigating issues in our production environments
- Incident management of high severity issues impacting our sites and services 24 by 7
- Creating automation and tooling for the SRE team to improve our processes
- Working on the Reliability Engineering backlog to improve how we operate our services in production
- Supporting service prior to go-live through pre-launch reviews
- Participating in Wargames to test our operational response and Identify areas of weakness in our platforms.
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.