Data Engineer - Data Warehouse
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of software developers, engineers, and data scientists? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s Engineering Team is the place for you. They drive the innovation of Skip’s platform by improving the reliability, performance, and scalability of the network. GPS tracking, real-time order processing, scheduling, and balancing are just a few of the pieces the Engineering Team integrates into Skip’s world-class service.
What’s On Your Plate:
As a member of our Data team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of software for systems that power Skip’s Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse. Your experience with cloud technologies and big data provides you with the background to quickly implement changes. Your experience in data management and SQL allows you to contribute to the expanding expertise of the team and keep data components current as product feature change.
Recipe for Success:
- Computer science, software engineering or related degrees
- Strong experience working with both batch and real-time ETL involving large data sets.
- Strong hands-on experience with Python.
- Experience in REST APIs is nice to have.
- Experience working with AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform environments.
- Experience working with MPP databases such as Redshift, Big Query, Teradata and/or columnar databases.
- Familiarity with scheduling tools like Airflow.
- Strong in Dimensional Modeling concepts.
- Experience using version control software, such as Git.
- Work well both independently and as part of a team. You will actively participate in design discussions and code reviews.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a great attitude.
- Thrive in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Are eager to contribute to the growth and development of the team.
- Work with an entrepreneurial sense of urgency.
- Are receptive to feedback and challenging experiences.
- Are actively involved in their ongoing personal growth and learning.
How We Work:
- We take ownership of our work and work closely with our team.
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks.
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse.
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result.
- We constantly push our Data technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges.
- We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them head-on as a team.
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it.
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.