Employee Relations Specialist
What’s On Your Plate:
As a member of the POS team, you will be responsible for providing high quality, efficient and timely service delivery to all stakeholders across Skip, on employee relation matters which may include but are not limited to performance management, corrective action plans, accommodations, dispute resolution, attendance management and return to work coordination, while ensuring the execution and enforcement of fair and consistent application of workplace policies and processes. This role will collaborate with colleagues within the POS team to provide exceptional support within the larger People Team. As well as, stakeholders within the Delivery Operations.
This role is also responsible for mapping and implementing processes for improvement, enhanced operational efficiency and effectiveness, with a strong focus on providing professional and practical support to team members that shape in-person moments.
Our ideal candidate should have and would bring experience in most of the following areas:
- Maintaining quality standards of content and information as it relates to Employee Relations guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborating with the Talent Business Partner team on employee relations matters for hourly employees.
- Guides managers on disciplinary and non-disciplinary actions, terminations, and employment standards.
- Administration of terminations, resignations and a variety of different leaves.
- Experience with coaching leaders, team members, and creating a positive development culture.
- Working seamlessly within the POS team to guarantee the consistency and accuracy of team member information and data in the HR System.
- Providing immigration support services and advice to all Skip International hires, temporary foreign workers, ensuring that their immigration documents are processed efficiently with all relevant Provincial and Federal Authorities.
- Responding to employee inquiries through the People Service Portal and other channels, identifying needs, and escalating issues, as the needs arise.
- Maintaining a strong commitment to our service level agreements (SLAs) around responsiveness and employee satisfaction.
- Establishing and nurturing meaningful relationships and communication within the People Team and between teams across Skip.
- Researching on topics related to employment standards, labour laws, and providing insight into how the legislation can be best applied in the workplace.
Recipe for Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Human Resource or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in Employee Relations.
- Expertise in HR Policies, Procedures, and Immigration matters
- Strong understanding of Manitoba Employment Standards legislation and Intermediate understanding of Provincial and Territorial Employment Standards practices.
- Strong attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Employee-focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite / Google Suite particularly Excel & Sheets, PowerPoint & Slides.
- Strong time management, organizational, and multitasking skills including the ability to pivot attention and resources as emergent situations arise.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with good listening skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and can be trusted with confidential information.
- Have a great attitude and are a proven self-starter, and thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
Are you up for the challenge and always ready to take on new projects/initiatives that contribute to Skippers having an outstanding experience? We look forward to working with you!
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.