Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of software developers, engineers, and data scientists? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s Engineering Team is the place for you. They drive the innovation of Skip’s platform by improving the reliability, performance, and scalability of the network. GPS tracking, real-time order processing, scheduling, and balancing are just a few of the pieces the Engineering Team integrates into Skip’s world-class service.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect at SkipTheDishes, you will work with an elite team of developers to build scalable systems and troubleshoot using various tools. You will also be responsible for ensuring our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. You will be responsible for product functionality and scaling services or introducing new services; mitigating risks and making sure systems are reliable.
The skills you’ll need:
- Real-world experience building scalable systems, working with large datasets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure
- Deliver solutions for platform scaling, performance troubleshooting, service failover and optimization
- Experience with AWS cloud services and the tools and services available
- Experience with Docker containers, microservices architecture, AWS Lambda and Amazon ECS and Fargate
- Experience with System logging and monitoring using tools such as Prometheus, Graphite, and CloudWatch
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices, Terraform, Jenkins CI, Airflow, AMQ, Kafka, Pusher or other asynchronous communication systems is an asset
- Proficiency with Git
- Deep understanding of Java 8 and peripheral tools would be nice to have
- Have a great attitude, and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
- Are eager to contribute to the growth and development of the team
- Work with an entrepreneurial sense of urgency
- Are receptive to feedback and challenging experiences
- Are actively involved in their ongoing personal growth and learning
What it’s like to work at Skip:
At Skip, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You can take part in building a major Canadian tech company that is growing every day — and you can grow with it. We will work with you to find your limits, and then help you surpass them. The more you contribute, the further you’ll go. Since establishing our Winnipeg headquarters in 2012, Skip has grown from less than 20 staff to a national brand with more than 1800 employees and processing millions of orders each month.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.