Senior Delivery Manager - FinTech
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Skip continually looks for high performers who are excited to join our
entrepreneurial team to revolutionize food ordering and the delivery industry. We
are a technology and logistics company that partners with restaurants across
North America to provide access to the world’s greatest menu. Skip simplifies this
process and provides an exceptional experience through leading-edge technology and an extensive courier network.
Ecommerce and financial systems are crucial for Skip and the global Just Eat Takeaway business. FinTech builds and supports those systems, and is directly responsible for all money flowing in from customers and out again to restaurant and courier partners. FinTech is a global capability, and our teams work to ensure frictionless, fraud-free collections alongside accurate & timely payments. We integrate with payment service providers, banks, financial services, ERPs, data warehouses, and many internal applications. FinTech collaborates across all product and engineering pillars and has close relationships with primary stakeholders in Finance and Business Intelligence. Our work is high profile, mission-critical, with little or no room for error.
What’s On Your Plate
- Drive the success of initiatives across multiple teams using clear and confident methods of project delivery.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to ensure the team is set up to succeed, with clear visibility of short term and long term goals.
- Help team members understand the goals and the scope of a project or initiative, build a plan of action and stay focused on outcomes.
- Work across organizational & geographical boundaries, to help the team overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- Use Agile & Lean techniques to build healthy, sustainable, effective teams.
- Facilitate team ceremonies, and foster a continuous improvement mindset, coaching the team to inspect and adapt.
- Track and report on progress against goals in an agile environment using a range of tools and metrics.
- Be an involved member of a global Delivery community
Recipe for Success
- Delivering technology projects and programmes in line with agreed value, quality, and constraints.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication, both verbal and written.
- Experience with matrix management of staff who do not directly report into you in an agile working environment.
- Making sure teams collaborate, communicate and focus on what is most important.
- Coaching and motivating team members.
- Agile and lean practices and techniques. Applying the most appropriate techniques for the environment.
- Metrics for analyzing a technology team’s delivery and guiding continuous improvement.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.