We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Professional at SkipTheDishes, you will work with an elite team of developers to build scalable systems and troubleshoot using various tools. You will also be responsible for ensuring our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. You will be responsible for product functionality and scaling services or introducing new services; mitigating risks and making sure systems are reliable.
The skills you’ll need:
- Real-world experience building scalable systems, working with large datasets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure
- Deliver solutions for platform scaling, performance troubleshooting, service failover and optimization
- Experience with AWS cloud services and the tools and services available
- Experience with Docker containers, microservices architecture, AWS Lambda and Amazon ECS and Fargate
- Experience with System logging and monitoring using tools such as Prometheus, Graphite, and CloudWatch
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices, Terraform, Jenkins CI, Airflow, AMQ, Kafka, Pusher or other asynchronous communication systems is an asset
- Proficiency with Git
- Deep understanding of Java 8 and peripheral tools would be nice to have
- Have a great attitude, and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
- Are eager to contribute to the growth and development of the team
- Work with an entrepreneurial sense of urgency
- Are receptive to feedback and challenging experiences
- Are actively involved in their ongoing personal growth and learning
What it’s like to work at Skip:
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but make an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.