Head of Courier Operations
Ever wonder what it takes to power a network? Technology, ingenuity, grit, and a steady input of snacks. As a member of our diverse Global Operations team, you will help manage courier logistics and operational capacity for not only the Canadian market but also for international partners in this highly rewarding field.
Skip is looking for an entrepreneurial business leader to lead a team of managers to achieve competitive and challenging performance goals in a time-sensitive environment. Reporting into the Director of Courier Operations, the Head of Courier Operations is responsible for ensuring the continued and ongoing performance goals of the Courier Operations Team and the tactical execution of Courier Operations’ strategic goals.
This full-time role supports all Delco countries; which means the individual will need to be prepared to work flexible hours/shifts to support the operating hours and business needs in all countries. The role will have 2 to 4 direct reports.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Ensuring that documented standardized processes exist for International Courier Operations - Proactively implement process improvements to enhance the network’s performance; Data collection, time studies, and process mapping associated with current state and future state process improvements.
- Cross-Functional Project Management.
- Provide support and leadership to courier operations managers and their teams.
- Facilitate communication between managers in all Delco countries and feeding relevant information to the Director of Courier Operations and other stakeholders (as deemed necessary) in a concise and timely fashion.
- Provide motivation and innovative solutions to facilitate the continued growth of the company and the team.
- Be on the front lines with the team, handling day-to-day operational challenges in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Know BU’s KPIs inside and out, and influence positive outcomes that show improvement.
- Relentless focus on adding value to your BU’s stakeholders, with thoughtful consideration to other stakeholders and BUs.
- Facilitate the development of great leaders.
Recipe for Success:
- Experience in leading managers and creating high performing teams.
- Experience in six sigma, lean manufacturing or another process improvement methodology and/or project management would be an asset.
- Have led large scale/cross-functional projects.
- Is analytical and data-driven.
- Is well versed in Gsuite including google sheets, google docs and presentations.
- Excels in communication - written and verbal.
- Is extremely organized and understands the benefits of process and document controls.
- Has a great attitude and is a proven self-starter.
- Is able to work through challenges.
- Thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Live the G.R.E.A.T. values of JustEat - Takeaway | SkipTheDishes.
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.