We do big campaigns with big impact, and your creativity is needed. Help us express our industry-leading brand across traditional and digital channels while taking our national and regional campaigns to the next level. Our tight-knit team of brand, copy, design, campaigns, digital, insights, and more will encourage your ingenuity in a fun and innovative environment. Ready to make a difference for customers, couriers, and restaurants across the country? Come hungry.
SkipTheDishes is looking for a driven, results-oriented VP Marketing with a proven track record in both digital marketing and driving national brand recognition and awareness. This is a newly created role that will report to the Managing Director of the Canadian Market, and lead our talented team of brand and digital marketers from our headquarters in Winnipeg.
You will be an essential component in developing and managing the execution of the strategic marketing objectives and KPIs that continue to position SkipTheDishes as a market leader and fuel our national growth. You'll leverage our industry-leading technology to drive new customer acquisition, frequency, and increase our retention rates among existing customers. This position will also work to raise the profile of our independent and top national restaurant partners in local markets, while strengthening relationships with our customers and couriers.
SkipTheDishes is proudly part of the Just Eat Group, a world-leader in the food delivery marketplace. Alignment with brand strategy between SkipTheDishes and Just Eat will be paramount in the success of this candidate.
- Lead the vision for Skip’s brand, ensuring it remains the core engine of the company’s growth
- Develop awareness campaigns that raise Skip’s profile as a well-known, respected and loved brand by all three of our key stakeholders (customers, restaurants and couriers)
- Balance the needs of the Just Eat global organization, while growing Skip’s position as a ‘leading brand’ in the Canadian market
- Develop strategies that are inline with Skip’s key KPI metrics, as it relates to brand awareness, customer acquisition, frequency and retention
- Manage a multi-million dollar marketing budget
- Develop and manage the execution of a creative content strategy (TV, OOH, Digital)
- Develop and manage the execution of a strong e-marketing and social media strategy
- Work with the Restaurant & Operations Teams to provide effective marketing strategies that support restaurant acquisition, courier on-boarding and activation, and improve Skip’s NPS amongst all stakeholders.
- Work with the global and Canadian insights team to drive positive customer sentiment and measure brand and advertising impact
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure brand impacts positively on the broader marketing team’s metrics and key performance indicators across consumer, restaurant, and courier activity.
- Manage external agencies to drive strong relationships and ensure ROI’s are tracked and maximized.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the Marketing function - Develop and lead, coach, motivate and inspire Skip’s talented marketing team.
- Colleagues will describe you as highly driven, innovative, humorous, frank and confident. You relish the challenge of doing things that have never been done before, while remaining pragmatic and flexible
- You take a hands-on approach while working collaboratively as part of country and global team
- Will have strong B2C brand-building experience with the ability to demonstrate your direct impact on your current or previous brand’s growth trend. Proven experience generating marketing campaigns that gain traction with bloggers, influencers, and customers would also be a strong plus. B2B experience is preferred, but not critical.
- Strong experience in delivering online and offline marketing campaigns across all channels, with the requisite ROI-driven approach.
- Will have experience in national and local campaign planning across a multitude of channels.
- Will be well versed in getting the best out of external marketing support, including agencies.
- You are highly analytical and data driven, with a good track record in understanding how best to measure marketing performance and ROI across a variety of channels from brand awareness and sentiment, to attribution and LTV models.
- You passionately act as the voice of all our customers, advocating for their needs and understanding how best to engage them throughout their journey with Skip.
- You are a strong leader and communicator, that motivates and empowers your team.
- Able to analyze complex data and create simple strategies. Great at communications planning to bring strategy to life in all channels and caring about the detailed execution.
What It's Like To Work At Skip:
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but make an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.