We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of software developers, engineers, and data scientists? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s Engineering Team is the place for you. They drive the innovation of Skip’s platform by improving the reliability, performance, and scalability of the network. GPS tracking, real-time order processing, scheduling, and balancing are just a few of the pieces the Engineering Team integrates into Skip’s world-class service.
How we work:
- We take ownership of our work, and work closely with our team
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result
- We constantly push our app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges
- We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them head on as a team
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree
- Experienced working with both large and real time data
- SQL development and performance tuning
- Able to interpret and define the data needs of business teams\
- Worked with Amazon Redshift or other BI tools and/or the data infrastructure (Tableau is an asset)
- Updated ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.