Senior Java Developer
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
How we work:
- We take ownership of our work, and work closely with our team
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result
- We constantly push our app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges
- We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them head on as a team
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient
The skills you’ll need:
- Deep understanding of Java 8 and peripheral tools
- Strong application of software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging
- Ability to deliver best patterns and practices to solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services and message brokers
- Exceptional knowledge of Java 8, lambdas, and streaming functionality
- Experience implementing engineering best practices such as TDD, building monitoring metrics, and code reviews
- Understanding of continuous delivery, deployment, and integration
- Previous exposure to data persistence in relational, MySQL, unstructured and/or cached forms
What it’s like to work at Skip:
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but make an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.