Skip is looking for a creative leader who is passionate about making an impact on our business by delivering world-class creative that works. Large media amplification budgets mean that this is serious business, and not for the faint of heart.
We do big campaigns with big impact, and your creativity is needed. Help us express our industry-leading brand across traditional and digital channels while taking our national and regional campaigns to the next level. Our tight-knit team of creative, campaigns, digital, and insights, will encourage your ingenuity in a fun and innovative environment. Ready to make a difference for customers, couriers, and restaurants across the country? Come hungry.
Reporting to the Director of Brand & Campaigns, the Creative Director will lead a team of designers, content creators, copywriters, and brand thinkers responsible for the visual style, tone and language of SkipTheDishes. This group will also shepherd the evolution of Skip's recipe for success. Leading the voice and visual representation of our brand makes this role an integral part of our brand’s recipe for success!
We’re looking for someone who is hungry for the opportunity to contribute to bringing our world-class brand to the next level.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leading the creative development of high-impact integrated marketing campaigns, brand messaging, and creative design across digital and traditional channels.
- Inspiring the development of our talented team through creative mentorship, real-time coaching, and constructive feedback.
- Leading the creative strategy to support business objectives on marketing initiatives such as campaigns and activations.
- Gathering creative insights and guiding the development of effective, on-brand creative that delivers improved ROI over time.
- Pushing the creative envelope, encouraging the team to deliver world-class concepts and take educated risks to connect with our stakeholders in unconventional ways.
- Working with external creative agency partners to develop and deliver on-brand creative elements for omnichannel campaigns with the goal of increasing awareness and consideration.
- Facilitating resourcing on projects, and guiding the team workload by leveraging tools such as creative and project briefs, workback schedules, and marketing calendars
- Interpreting briefs from internal teams, translating their needs to create a creative vision, and communicating that vision to the executing team that’s bringing it to life.
- Working alongside creative teams, designers, product managers, digital agencies, such as printers and online advertisers to ensure or branding is displayed in the best way possible.
Recipe For Success:
- 10+ years experience developing creative, innovative marketing strategies, rebrands or leading the development of brands.
- Experience leading a large team (10+), paired with strong leadership skills to steer an effective team, lead with passion, guide & coach the team on career direction, development, growth and performance.
- Embracing a deep connection to current trends in the media landscape, marketing trends, competitors and consumer needs.
- Hands-on experience in creative disciplines: design, copywriting and/or video production, a strong foundation in graphic design, typography, and language is preferred.
- Experience in leading brand development through omnichannel creative impact across omnichannel marketing (Social, Digital, Apps, Experiential, Events, OOH etc).
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.
- Experience in providing creative quality control over concepts and execution.
- Passionate about a collaborative creative process, exploring multiple concepts for consideration and ensuring final creative output is always delivering on the business objectives.
- Ability to lead a project with multiple stakeholders, ensuring their multiple viewpoints are being considered and delivered upon, while staying true to the project objectives.
What It’s Like To Work At Skip
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.