Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of software developers, engineers, and data scientists? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s Engineering Team is the place for you. They drive the innovation of Skip’s platform by improving the reliability, performance, and scalability of the network. GPS tracking, real-time order processing, scheduling, and balancing are just a few of the pieces the Engineering Team integrates into Skip’s world-class service.
How we work:
- We take ownership of our
work,and work closely with our team
- We move quickly, take risks, and know how to manage the risks
- Regularly refactoring to improve our existing systems — technical debt isn’t an excuse
- Unit tests and code reviews are at our core — confidence in our pull request is the result
- We constantly push our app’s technology, design, and architecture forward to meet new challenges
- We face challenges no one can predict — we meet them
head onas a team
- When we have an idea that serves a need, we run with it
- Our teams are kept tight and efficient
What will help you succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, testing, and debugging skills
- Familiar with Jenkins, JIRA, Git, IntelliJ or other software development cycle tools
- Solid understanding of consuming, producing, and designing RESTful web services
- Exceptional knowledge of Java, especially Java 8
- Passion for engineering practices such as TDD, pair programming, and code reviews
- Familiarity with automation technologies and a good understanding of principles around continuous delivery, deployment
- Work with data persistence in relational, NoSQL, unstructured and/or cached forms
What it’s like to work at Skip:
At Skip, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You can take part in building a major Canadian tech company that is growing every day — and you can grow with it. We will work with you to find your limits, and then help you surpass them. The more you contribute, the further you’ll go. Since establishing our Winnipeg headquarters in 2012, Skip has grown from less than 20 staff to a national brand with more than 1800 employees and processing millions of orders each month.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.