We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Delivery Managers in Skip’s Data organization are responsible for delivering data-related projects, programmes and outcomes while working closely with data analysts and our engineering and product partner teams.
Data is central to the Skip business and the global Just Eat Takeaway business. The Data organization contains analytics teams, and those are the teams you will work with most closely. The team members (analysts) use big data to deliver insights and to answer a wide range of questions about business performance. Their insights support strategic decision-making across the organization.
The teams you will support are responsible for data analytics relating to couriers, e.g. courier assignments, scheduling and pay, and to Customer Services, e.g. contact centre metrics. While the teams are based in Winnipeg, the courier and customer services operations they support are global.
Our analyst teams are part of a network of teams who build and look after the systems that keep data relevant, organized and available. Delivering projects for analytics means working through this network of teams. The new Delivery Manager will create the relationships and structures needed to deliver results involving multiple teams in a complex networked organization.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Identify and build relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Help team members understand the goals and the scope of a project or initiative, build a plan of action and stay focused on outcomes.
- Connect teams from different parts of a globally distributed organization. and manage their dependencies on each other.
- Help newly-formed project teams to establish ways of working.
- Facilitate workshops and meetings.
- Highlight and address risks, issues, blockers and actions.
- Track and report on progress.
Recipe for Success:
- Delivering technology projects or programmes in line with an agreed value and quality constraints
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication, both verbal and written
- Making sure teams collaborate, communicate and focus on what is most important
- Coaching and motivating team members
- Agile and lean practices and techniques. Applying the most appropriate techniques for the environment
- Metrics for analyzing a technology team’s delivery and guiding continuous improvement
- Work management tools such as JIRA
- Bonus points for awareness of the role of data and analytics in a business
Why work at Skip?
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.