Systems Innovation Engineer
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
As a new function of the Enterprise IT Team, System Innovations is the go-to group for projects in internal tech across the entire Just Eat Group! By coordinating large-scale tech solutions, they can streamline internal processes, improve the way we communicate with one another at work, and optimize internal system tools.
The System Developers (Engineers) work to build new solutions and tools, and manage existing infrastructure. System Administrators meet and consult with internal teams to find out where they can make the biggest impact and execute on those projects.
As a Systems Engineer, you are responsible for servicing the company’s primary stakeholders: restaurants, couriers, and customers.
- Understands working with a team of Engineers, System Administrators, and Support Technicians
- Understands Just Eat Group—both in terms of the team’s objectives and those of the company as a whole
- Understanding of continuous delivery, deployment, and integration
- Research and implement custom and off-the-shelf plugins, tools and libraries that align with the product vision
- Executes technical projects and deployments
- Works independently and solves complex problems
- Uses best practices to improve products, services, and processes
- Manages shifting priorities; is flexible and proactive in a sometimes unpredictable environment
- Communicates effectively in person and in writing
- Ability to coach and mentor teammates
- Optimize supported application configurations to meet changing requirements
- Set up processes and metrics that improve efficiency with Just Eat groups, operational teams
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal systems innovation inquiries and act as direct contact with management team members.
- 5+ years of experience working with technical products and teams
- Are experienced with Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services configuration (EC2, ECS, S3) and API integration
- Strong Linux systems administration experience
- Familiar with continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and Agile software development
- Passion and enthusiasm about software development
- Are receptive to feedback and challenging experiences
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Experts in application troubleshooting
- Are strong communicators and are able to adapt to a variety of audiences and situations
- Have a great attitude and are proven, self-starters
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Can work through challenges and learn from each experience
- Have a strong sense of urgency and commitment to the business
- Suggest and implement improvements where possible
- Use a range of skills and techniques to carry out complex tasks
- Delivering defined business goals
- Contributing and adhering to patterns and process
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Using best practices to improve products/ services or processes
- Develop and implement solutions, policies, and procedures for information systems
- Provide after-hours on-call support when needed
- Work towards continuous improvement by reviewing processes and practices
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.