Senior Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Finance Operations Manager, this role will be responsible for supporting procure to pay processing, indirect tax preparation, cash management, tax planning and various automation and efficiency projects.
In addition to reporting, analysis, and general accounting, you will work alongside business leaders to deliver on financial targets, while sharing your passion for numbers and technology.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Analyze current company processes - identify any opportunities to improve, automate and align with strategic initiatives
- Ensuring all procure to pay processes follow the documented policies - this will include the continuous education of other departments on procurement and business practices;
- Perform daily cash management and forecasting activities
- Perform Month-end closing activities and reviewing working papers
- Review and assist in preparation and reconciliation of indirect taxes
- Assist in documentation and streamlining of Finance Operations processes
- Ad-hoc projects and process improvement - this can include Tax Planning, Process and System Integration, and Policy reviews.
Recipe For Success:
- CPA designation with three years of proven operational experience;
- Highly adaptable and passionate for process optimization;
- Experience in Procurify, Expensify, & Microsoft D365 Business Central is an asset;
- Knowledge of corporate taxes, cash management, and internal controls;
- Understanding of risk and impact of proposed process/policy changes;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with other departments;
- Knowledge of Google suite software, PowerBI, Queries is an asset.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel;
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Has an analytical outlook, and enjoys critical thinking
- Is driven by their attention to detail and passion for process and reporting accuracy
What It’s Like To Work At Skip
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Applicants for this position will also be subject to a credit check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.