BI Business Partner (Senior Analyst)
Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of data professionals? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s AnalyticsTeam is the place for you.
As a member of Skip’s Data Analytics team, you will be responsible for leading business-analysis initiatives in pursuit of growth and efficiency for a specific business team. You will be the go-to person when it comes to data-driven insights for the business and will assist in using data to find creative solutions to some of our biggest challenges across product and operations. Food delivery is a complex challenge with many moving parts, you will use data to help tell the story of where things are working well and where there is room for improvement.
In your role, you’ll be the champion for your business area and act as an internal consultant, responsible for understanding needs, specifying requirements, negotiating resource constraints and priorities, and delivering high quality, accurate, and consistent data to make the big decisions.
- Opportunity Analysis - understanding the needs of the business function, analyze data to identify new opportunities, challenges or threats, in support of the business strategy
- Project & Initiative-level Reporting & Analysis - build reporting and analysis of high-impact projects to track & determine success on a project-by-project basis
- Objective & Operational Reporting - build and maintain a selective set of reports/views that provides visibility into key objectives for your stakeholders while avoiding data sprawl
- Practice Leadership - coach analytics and business team members on the correct use of data tools and analysis techniques to ensure we are getting the most value from our data assets
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a management consultancy, business intelligence, or business analysis role
- Strong analytical skills with experience in data & analytics consulting and handling large datasets
- Strong stakeholder communications ability and stakeholder management to support a specific business function and distill and communicate insights from data
- Experience delivering high-quality data-driven insights to senior stakeholders to enable decision making
- Experience in SQL required
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools desirable
- Combination of BI, computer science, business analytics, or engineering education and experience is an asset
What it’s like to work at Skip:
At Skip, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You can take part in building a major Canadian tech company that is growing every day — and you can grow with it. We will work with you to find your limits, and then help you surpass them. The more you contribute, the further you’ll go. Since establishing our Winnipeg headquarters in 2012, Skip has grown from less than 20 staff to a national brand with more than 1800 employees and processing millions of orders each month.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory