SOC Technology Manager
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
This is a high profile role with global influence and the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business as we continue to grow.
As a Technology Manager within our Service Operations Centre (SOC) team, you will be a partner to the engineering community and the wider business who can take responsibility for operating a rapidly changing global e-commerce platform that connects consumers in all of our markets around the world with the food they love.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running and build collaborative relationships to support the dynamic environment we operate in where speed to market and reliability are critical components of success.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous Experience in an SRE/Operations or Engineering environment
- Experience of Incident Management and/or Oncall support
- Experience of working with one or more of the following: Cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Grafana, Graphite, Prometheus, ELK, Ansible, Java, Python
- Proven track record of stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Excellent understanding of how to coach others and how to drive a high-performance culture within your team
- Worked within an agile environment
Accountable & Responsible for:
- The reliability, availability, and support of Just Eat/Skip Production Environments through reductions in MTTR and improvements in MTBF.
- Working with the wider Platform & Reliability Engineering department to deliver, enhance and maintain services that provide deployment pipeline, observability, data infrastructure, and automation.
- Fostering a strong high performance culture within your diverse team.
- Aligning your team goals with the needs of the business & engineering community
- Partnering with your peer managers in the engineering community to address cross-functional issues. This may require you to participate in cross-business initiatives.
- Build & manage product roadmaps for the services owned & operated by SOC
- Ensure the team & their processes evolve with our business and anticipates the needs arising from our growth and evolution.
What It’s Like To Work At Skip:
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you—you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
This is just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.Skip The Dishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.