SOC Technology Manager
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
This is a high profile, global role with the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business as we continue to grow.
As a Technology Manager within our Service Operations Centre team, you will be seen as a partner to the wider business who can take responsibility for supporting a rapidly changing global e-commerce platform.
You will manage the ongoing development of this change through the best use of the platform and the skills of the team that reports into you. The role requires a well-rounded and upbeat person who can hit the ground running and build collaborative relationships to support the dynamic environment we operate in where speed to market and reliability are critical components of success.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous Experience in an SRE/Operations or Engineering environment
- Experience of Incident Management and/or Oncall support
- Experience of working with one or more of the following: AWS, Grafana, Graphite, ELK, Ansible, Java, C#.net, Windows, Linux
- Experience working in an “at scale” Technology environment
- Excellent understanding of how to coach others and how to drive a high-performance culture
- Proven track record of excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills
- People management and team leadership experience
- The reliability, availability, and support of SKIP’s Production Environments through reductions in MTTR and improvements in MTBF.
- Supporting our engineering teams deliver reliable software and services in production
- Working with the wider Platform & Reliability Engineering department to deliver, enhance and maintain services that provide deployment pipeline, observability, data infrastructure, and automation.
- Fostering a strong team of cross-functional members who can implement a vision articulated by your management chain.
- Aligning your team goals with the needs of the business, engineering community and provide transparency into the decision-making process and quantifying your team’s effectiveness using appropriate metrics.
- Structuring your team and assigning work in order to maximize your team’s contributions in the areas of communication, productivity, and innovation.
- Partnering with your peer managers to address cross-functional issues. This may require you to participate in cross-business initiatives.
- Educating your customers/stakeholders on how to engage with your team so that they understand and can contribute to your priorities and roadmap. Although the ability to meet every customer’s expectations may sometimes be constrained, you ensure your customers are aware of how decisions are made, and you think creatively to solve their needs in innovative ways.
- Ensure the team evolves with our business and anticipates the needs arising from our growth and evolution.
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.