Senior Technology Manager
This is a high profile global role with the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business as we continue to grow.
The Senior Technology Manager will be seen as a partner to the wider business who can take responsibility rolling out our capabilities across the group and managing the ongoing development of this capability through the best use of the platform and the skills of the engineering team that report into you. The role requires a well-rounded and upbeat Technology Manager who can hit the ground running and build a truly collaborative relationship with their peers and partners in product and delivery that supports the dynamic environment we operate in where speed to market is a critical component of success.
The Senior Technology Manager leads Managers and an engineering team to deliver against defined business goals or improvements to a set of business KPIs.
What you will be doing:
Senior Technology Managers have primary accountability for representing the technical direction, engineering quality and execution of multiple product development teams. They work with their teams and counterparts to design and implement efficient process, consistency, accountability and product features that make our multiple stakeholders experiences even better. Our technology managers ensure their teams are happy, focused, driven and delivering quality in the most effective way possible. You’ll be accountable for:
- Leading the architectural coherence of your components in the wider context of the whole SkipTheDishes platform
- Solution design and the technology roadmap for the components that you manage, making sure we drive the platform forwards architecturally
- Fostering a strong team & professional development of cross functional members, leading teams of Engineers and Test Automation Engineers of all levels, and working closely with senior stakeholders across product and delivery
- Guiding product development in line with agreed processes e.g Continuous Delivery, Stability/Scalability/Security
- Assisting product & delivery to shape deliverables around any technical constraints
- Championing engineering excellence and technical improvements
- Partnering with product and delivery to prioritise work and measure success
- Managing stakeholder expectations and liaising with other product development departments and influencing other backlogs where appropriate
- Instilling a proactive attitude to getting the job done
- Providing day to day technical leadership for your teams
- Technical coordination and forward planning with other teams to ensure risks and blockers identified ahead of time
- Responsible for the management of multiple critical platform components
- Leading a function that directly and significantly impacts our external reputation
- Helping the Head of Engineering manage the budget (e.g. controlling team AWS spend)
- Managing release risk - being the decision point for their teams
- Making sure out of hours support is appropriate
What we are looking for:
This is a rare opportunity to lead a team of exceptionally skilled Engineers. As a Senior Technology Manager you’ll take primary responsibility for ensuring the following happen within your team:
- Generate enthusiasm and a sense of pride for both the features you build and the skills you apply to solve problems
- Mentorship of less experienced professionals, both professional and technical
- Inducting new members to your team, and instilling our common responsibilities and principles in them
- Regular 121 meetings with your direct reports
Required skills and experience
- Several years’ experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a technology leadership/management role.
- Experience with B2B and B2C technology/software products.
- Experience leading and developing teams of engineers, across all levels, using an agile process.
- Exceptional stakeholder management both within the technology departments.
- In depth understanding of a broad product area or technology (e.g. Consumer Products)
- Good understanding of how to coach other leaders on how to drive a high-performance culture
- Management experience of a team of functional experts, including other managers
- Excellent commercial understanding; both in terms of the team's’ own objectives and related objectives
- Proven delivery of software & product releases and value and of managing technical projects with successful delivery
- Selecting and managing the work of suppliers and agencies to successful conclusions
- Building close and productive relationships with key technology and industry partners
- Management of a budget
- Works independently and is able to solve complex problems
- Uses best practice to improve products/services or processes
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.