Director of Product
Think you have what it takes to join an elite team of Product leaders? If you want to make your mark on a national brand’s industry-leading technology, Skip’s Product Team is the place for you. They drive the innovation of Skip’s platform and own product management of the core system. As a Product leader, you are responsible for leading the development of the strategic vision and execution for your Product Group.
What you'll be doing:
- Setting the strategic vision for your Product group for 6-24 months in the future
- Leading multiple teams within your Product group, with a reporting line of Product team members, and overall group size of 30-60 people (product, software engineering, design)
- Managing the organization design of your product group, owning team budget, reporting processes, hiring, performance coaching and the support processes needed to execute on the Product vision.
- Championing your Product group’s strategic vision and ability to execute to our users, throughout the company and to our external stakeholders.
What will help you succeed:
- Ten or more years of relevant experience delivering highly successful and innovative products or projects
- Experience building and supporting large cross-functional, global teams
- Experience with logistics within a technology driven environment.
- Experience working within a global focused environment will an asset.
- Deep understanding of the skills required to build a successful technology delivery team, including (but not limited to) UX research methods, data analytics, agile software delivery and release management
What it’s like to work at Skip:
At Skip, you have the opportunity to work with industry-leading technology in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You can take part in building a major Canadian tech company that is growing every day — and you can grow with it. We will work with you to find your limits, and then help you surpass them. The more you contribute, the further you’ll go. Since establishing our Winnipeg headquarters in 2012, Skip has grown from less than 20 staff to a national brand with more than 1800 employees and processing millions of orders each month.