People Systems Specialist - 12 Month Term
We’re hiring people in all levels of responsibility and expertise. People need to eat so Skip never sleeps, and that means the show runs around the clock. We're looking for people who want the chance of contributing to build a world-class tech company right here in the Canadian Prairies.
SkipTheDishes is looking for an experienced HR professional with an IT background who specializes in analyzing, designing and implementing information systems. As a People Systems Specialist, you will use your existing expertise with Ceridian/Dayforce and Workday to mold and develop a world-class HRIS platform.
The people systems specialist will build project plans, ensure adherence to project schedules, maintain systems and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for the assigned functional area and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, system configuration, systems audit, systems training, developing reports from the system, building dashboards, responding and dealing with requests for support, and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
What’s on Your Plate:
- Consult with the business & the People Team to develop requirements
- Collaborate on design decisions and implement enhancements
- Assess requirements, perform impact assessments, design and build technical solutions to fulfil business requirements and promote the best possible user experience in Dayforce/ Workday
- Lead project work including business process configuration, testing, and user training
- Review and improve on existing processes and work with key stakeholders to deliver annual cycles smoothly and effectively
- Compare data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develop appropriate solutions
- Take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Recommend process service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation
- Collaborate with functional and technical team members to coordinate the application of upgrades or fixes.
- Supporting the generation of reports, including maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRIS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies.
- Continuously increase both HR and HRIS application/tools knowledge.
- User training and development of internal stakeholders specifically in system usage and utilization of people system tools.
- Testing the people systems and processes to find weak points and offering solutions where needed.
- Support the wider Just Eat Takeaway.com/ Skip HRIS team with project work related to the merger of both companies.
- Work with the People team centres of excellence in the analysis, development, implementation and support of allocated people projects & changes.
Recipe For Success:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar capacity and prides themselves in their communication and consultation skills, business acumen, and critical evaluation.
- Experience in both Ceridian Dayforce and Workday products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Degree in HR management, information systems, computer science or related degree.
- CPHR designation, or Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential considered an asset.
What it’s like to work at Skip:
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.