SSD Reliability Program Lead – (Staff/Sr.Staff)
The Reliability System Engineering team is looking for an additional experienced storage engineer to provide technical leadership and organize testing and reporting activities to support enterprise SSD programs under development. You will help provide key leadership in bringing up and evolving our PCIe Gen3/Gen4 testing support for NVMe SSD devices, as well as provide input for process innovations and improvements on our testing and automation infrastructure.
An ideal candidate would be well organized, self-driven, able to communicate clearly, and must work well in a collaborative team environment. Leadership qualities are important as you will be expected to work together with other engineers to provide organization and coordination of test activities and providing timely updates. Knowledge of storage interfaces (SATA/NVMe) and behaviors is required and knowledge of storage arrays would be a plus. Being able to also contribute to test development, data analysis, and/or process improvement activities is highly preferred.
- Provide technical leadership for reliability testing during SSD program development phases.
- Oversee and maintain issue tracking, program updates, and test plans
- Maintain test scripts, test environment libraries, and test support tools.
- Primary coding languages used: Python, Java, C++
- Identify and implement new innovative solutions to improved workflow efficiency
- Ensure test capabilities sufficient to validate quality of products being developed and delivered to the customers
- 10+ (BS) / 7+ (MS) years of work experience in data storage industry in verification, qualification, or failure analysis
- Strong knowledge of enterprise HDD/SSD/Storage product testing with understanding of PCIe/NVMe Protocols. Focus is on NVMe
- Experience with storage reliability test methodology (such as RDT and design margin testing)
- Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Must have strong communication skills
- Experience with zoned storage and zoned block devices (SMR/ZNS)
- Experience with TCG security. TCG Opal preferred
- Experience with multi-port and multi-namespace testing of storage devices
- Experience with test development in Python and Java. Knowledge of C++ is also beneficial
- Experience with test scripts development for storage devices
- Experience with parametric data collection and analysis for storage device testings
- Experience working on Projects related to Solid State Drives in various OS environment is a plus
- Experience working with volume SSD test system such as Flexstar, Neosem, Advantest, Exicon/YIKC, or UniTest equipment
- Understanding of Agile development process and knowing how to adapt it to interrupt driven development cycles