SSD Reliability Software QA Engineer Lead – (Staff/Sr.Staff)
The Reliability System Engineering team is looking for an experienced storage engineer to provide technical leadership to software development and test script development activities. You will help provide key leadership in bringing up and evolving our PCIe Gen4 testing support for NVMe SSD devices, as well as continuous innovations and improvements on our testing and automation infrastructure.
A successful candidate should be well organized, self-driven, able to communicate clearly, and must work well in a collaborative team environment. Key responsibilities include overseeing code structure and design, code review and merges, and test script development and maintenance. As such, having a solid understanding of software structure and fundamentals is needed. Knowledge of storage interfaces (SATA/NVMe) and behaviors is highly preferred and knowledge of storage arrays would be a plus.
- Provide technical leadership for PCIe Gen4 NVMe test infrastructure bring up, ongoing test improvement, and test tools development efforts
- Develop and maintain test scripts, test environment libraries, and test support tools.
- Primary coding languages: Python, Java, C++
- Oversee code reviews, code merges, and internal plugin package releases
- Identify and implement new innovative solutions to improved workflow efficiency
- Ensure test capabilities sufficient to validate quality of products being developed and delivered to the customers
- 10+ (BS) / 7+ (MS) years of work experience in data storage industry in verification, qualification, or failure analysis
- Strong understanding of software code layout and design
- Prefer strong experience in Python. Knowledge of C++ and Java is also beneficial
- Experience developing test scripts using scripting languages (Prefer Python)
- Experience working with various flavors of Linux OS
- Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Must have strong communication skills
- Experience in HDD/SSD/Storage products' QA with understanding of PCIe/NVMe Protocols is highly preferred
- Experience working on Projects related to Solid State Drives in various OS environment is a plus
- Understanding of Agile process and knowing how to adapt it to interrupt driven development cycles
- Experience in developing front-end web interface for tools/Automation
- Experience with RESTful APIs, MongoDB
- Familiarity with storage reliability test methodology (such as RDT and design margin testing)
- Experience working with volume SSD test system such as Flexstar, Neosem, Tanisys, Exicon/YIKC, or UniTest equipment