SSD Reliability Test Engineer – (Entry/Sr.)
SK HMS Systems engineering / Quality assurance group is looking for a motivated candidate to join the Reliability System Engineering team.
A successful candidate should be self-driven, able to communicate clearly, and collaborate in a team environment. Candidate should be familiar with programming concepts and general knowledge of failure testing/debugging principles. Knowledge of storage interfaces (SATA/NVMe) and storage arrays would be a plus.
Part of the responsibilities may include collaborating with South Korean engineers. As such being bilingual in Korean would be a plus.
- Develop test plan and create test scripts for the product maturity validation of storage products (SSD, HDD or others)
- Design, develop and maintain reliability test scripts and cases to show SSD or HDD reliability and design maturity
- Perform first level failure analysis on the host/link level to understand and articulate failure mode to other engineering functions
- Develop software and hardware tools and infrastructure to streamline test process and aid in failure analysis
- Analyze test data collected to provide estimations for product life, reliability and predict failure modes
- Work in cooperation with FW engineering functions to aid in debugging and provide feedback
- BS/MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar discipline.
- 0-3+ years of experience in the storage industry
- Proficiency with C++ and/or Java for test & tools development.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Python
- Hands-on experience with SATA & NVMe interface
- Understanding of reliability life models and MTBF
- Familiar with software revision control
- Familiar with Linux
- Familiar with data analysis tools and methodologies
- Familiar with database development