NAND characterization engineer
As part of this role, the candidate will perform but not limited to the following functions:
- Work with the Firmware team to define the needed VU commands, develop, implement, debug and run firmware tools for NAND/SSD characterization and failure analysis.
- Develop and implement test plans for testing NAND and SSD.
- Perform failure analysis on NAND and SSD, feedback to the NAND device engineers and SSD firmware engineers.
Qualification and Required Skills:
- Expertise knowledge in NAND device physics and failure mechanisms.
- Experience in state of the art of NAND flash memory, 3D-NAND experience is a plus.
- Hands-on measurements of NAND array with good understanding of key NAND system specifications.
- Demonstrated expertise in NAND failure analysis, testing and debug efforts.
- Excellent oral and written skills for communication and documentation, proficiency in Korean is a plus.
- Data process and analysis using C/C++, Matlab or Python.
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- NAND and silicon process knowledge
- SSD management schemes e.g. Wear-Leveling, Garbage Collection and Background Media Scan.