SQA DVT Engineer (Staff / Sr. Staff)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
- Review Functional and Design specifications and Microarchitectures of SKHMS SSD Products.
- Engage early with Product/Program Management and Marketing Teams to understand Product and Customer Requirements.
- Develop test plans for specific device/system under test, based on PRD and End-Customer deployment scenarios.
- Build and maintain test setups and engineering labs for System Quality Assurance testing.
- Execute test cases as per test plans, and report results.
- Automate test cases, manage test suites, and automated regressions.
- Manage and Run Automated Regression Suites
- Modify test scripts, using defined automation guidelines.
- File defects based on automated and manual testing, track bugs and work with Failure Analysis and design/software engineering teams to resolve issues.
- Participate in Customer Qualification Plans’ development and execution, based on Customer requirements defined
- Engage with customers in ES/CS phase, and develop professional and positive relationship with the targeted customers
- Ensure quality of products being developed and delivered to the customers.
- Identify and implement new innovative solutions which result in improved workflow and value delivery.
- Experience with Hardware/Software QA projects
- Prior experience in Storage product QA is required (HDD/SSD/Storage Appliances).
- Experience in HDD/SSD/Storage products' QA is highly preferred, with understanding of PCIe/NVMe Protocols.
- Experience in verification of Storage, RAID, Flash, and various File Systems, utilizing 3rd party tools are highly desired.
- Experience working with various flavors of Linux Operating System Software, Windows Server OS and Virtualization OS (VMWare), is required.
- Experience with Customer Deployments and Data Center Servers and/or Open Compute Platform are highly desired.
- Experience in the use of scripting languages (Python and Shell Scripting).
- Experience working on Projects related to Solid State Drives (SATA/PCIe/NVMe), in various OS environment (Client / Server-Enterprise) and/or Storage Management Application is a plus.
- Experience with Customer qualification test cycles is preferred
- Experience with Databases and DB Related Reporting Tools is a plus.
- Should be able to work independently, and have ability to drive other teams/engineers for a common goal of success.
- Education Requirements: MS in Electrical Engineering (or similar field); with 7 years of work experience, or Bachelors of Engineering with 10 Years of work experience in hardware/software product verification.