Firmware Security Engineer (Sr/Staff/Sr. Staff/Principal)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Security Firmware team in Design, Develop and evaluate security firmware for enterprise SSD products
- Actively participate in design reviews and architectural discussions
- Integrate developed security firmware with other firmware modules/projects and resolve issues.
- Debug and resolve the customer reported bugs in FPGA/ASIC environment.
Desired skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in security, secure boot, secure download, ATA Security, and TCG OPAL, Pyrite, Enterprise and IEEE1667 protocols are required
- Must be familiar with basic crypto functions like AES, Secure Hash and Digital Signature(RSA)
- Proficient in firmware and software programming (C/C++, assembly, any scripting language like Python, JS)
- Experience in Secure Development Life Cycle (SDLC), FIPS/NIST or any security certification process and Threat Modeling is a plus
- 3+ years of hands-on firmware development experience in SSD or storage systems.
- 5+ years of development experience in embedded controller environments
- Experience with at least one storage protocol; PCIe/NVMe, SATA, SCSI
- Hands-on experience in debugging tools such as JTAG, In-Circuit Emulator, etc.
- Excellent code and design review skills.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Good understanding of ARM architecture and experience in ARM assembly is a plus.
- Self-motivated, good team player
- BS or higher in either Computer Science or Electrical Engineering