CJQ Engineer (Staff/Sr. Staff)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
The CJQ Engineer is to support the Joint Qualification efforts of the SK hynix SSD product with an Enterprise customer to ensure the program’s success to Customer Release & Launch stages.
Externally, the CJQ Engineer will work closely with Field Application Engineering, Technical Marketing, and Product Planning personnel as the main technical interface.
Duties would include:
- Generating weekly qualification test data compiled and formatted according to customer’s specifications;
- Attend customer meetings to support technical presentations;
- Coordinate with account team regarding technical deliverables and schedules, as well as manage expectations;
- Hold weekly Joint Qualification internal status meetings to disseminate and sync up information in the account team.
Internally, the CJQ Engineer will work closely with the Product Owner / Manager and serve as the technical coordinator for the required joint qualification tasks.
Duties would include:
- Identifying and interfacing with responsible owners of the qualification deliverables;
- Understanding customer requirements and obtain clarification if needed;
- Managing schedules and escalations when required in order to meet Joint Qualification timelines;
- Helping to resolve resource or time conflicts when present; reviewing and formatting test reports;
- Keeping management apprised of status and mitigate delays by identifying roadblocks along with workaround plans.
- The successful candidate should have a technical engineering related college degree with minimum 10 years of experience in the storage industry involved with Enterprise HDD / SSD customer technical support or Enterprise HDD / SSD qualification process with supplier management experience.
- Should possess working level understanding of PCIe-NVMe technologies, plus SSD functionalities and concepts.
- Knowledgeable with the SSD development process and various metrics, such as performance, reliability, and endurance.
- Able to work cross functionally in a diverse engineering community consisting different cultures and languages.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills, as well as good analytical skills to understand and present technical material.
- Be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes in schedules / requirements, and be amenable to different approaches in problem solving as a team player.
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.