NAND Characterization/FA Engineer
The candidate will be a member of the NAND Characterization, Algorithm and Failure Analysis team, responsible for NAND/SSD characterization.
The candidate will be developing firmware tools, performing NAND and SSD characterization and failure analysis.
As part of this role, the candidate will perform but not limited to the following functions:
- Work with the Firmware team to define the needed VU commands, develop, implement, debug and run firmware tools for NAND/SSD characterization and failure analysis.
- Develop and implement test plans for testing NAND and SSD.
- Perform failure analysis on NAND and SSD, feedback to the NAND device engineers and SSD firmware engineers.
Qualification and Required Skills:
- MS or Ph.D. in either Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on NAND analysis experience in SSD or storage systems
- Expertise knowledge in NAND device physics and failure mechanisms
- Experience in state of the art of NAND flash memory, 3D-NAND experience is a plus
- Hands-on measurements of NAND array with good understanding of key NAND system specifications
- Demonstrated expertise in NAND failure analysis, testing and debug efforts
- Excellent oral and written skills for communication and documentation, proficiency in Korean is a plus
- Data process and analysis using C/C++, Matlab or Python.
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- NAND and silicon process knowledge
- SSD management schemes e.g. Wear-Leveling, Garbage Collection and Background Media Scan