Senior Engineer-SSD Level of NAND Characterization
The candidate will be a member of the SSD level NAND Characterization & Algorithm team, responsible for NAND/SSD reliability/performance enhancement.
The candidate will be developing firmware tools/test platform to support characterization work, performing SSD level NAND characterization and deliver technical recommendations for enterprise SSD product enhancement.
As part of this role, the candidate will perform but not limited to the following functions:
- Work with the Firmware team to define the needed VU commands, develop, implement, debug and run firmware tools for SSD level NAND characterization.
- Develop and implement test items and test scripts for internal test platform to validate SSD level NAND reliability and performance.
- Analyze customer requirements and dealing with customer issues.
- Work with NAND reliability team to deliver NAND reliability requirements and validating through SSD level NAND characterization.
- Perform collaboration with other stakeholders for SSD architecture/FW/SoC and NAND team.
- BS degree in engineering is required
- 5+ years of hands-on development/analysis experience in SSD or storage systems.
- Expertise knowledge in NAND reliability test and JEDEC standards.
- Hands-on experience of SSD level testing, performance measurement.
- Ability to work on SSD system performance analysis with flash friendly file systems and databases.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Knowledge of SSD level NAND management schemes such as Read Reclaim and Background Media Scan.
- Excellent oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Data process and analysis using C/C++, Matlab or Python, Spotfire.
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- Experience in SSD customer engagement is a plus.
- Experience in state of the art of NAND flash memory, 3D-NAND experience is a plus.
- Experience with multi-ARM core based development is a plus.