SSD Reliability System Engineer (Jr./Sr./Staff)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. (SKHMS America) provides industry-leading controller hardware, advanced flash management systems, and firmware for NAND and post 2D-NAND based storage solutions spanning Enterprise, Client and Mobile market segments. We are part of the world's top tier semiconductor supplier, SK hynix, offering Dynamic Random Access Memory chips (DRAM), Flash memory chips (NAND Flash) and CMOS Image Sensor (CIS) for a wide range of distinguished customers globally.
The Reliability System Engineering team is growing and looking for experienced storage engineers. We are looking for passionate and creative individuals that can help grow our testing and test automation framework. The RSE team is responsible primarily for grey box reliability test cases but will also expand into covering white box device testing. As a member of the team, you will be working with various cross functional collaborative environments to develop and grow our SSD test case coverage for bleeding edge enterprise SSD technologies.
A successful candidate should be self-driven, able to communicate clearly, and must work well in a collaborative team environment. Candidate should be familiar with programming and scripting concepts. Knowledge of storage interfaces (SATA/NVMe) and storage arrays would be highly preferred. Experience with test automation and server based testing is also beneficial.
- Test case automation and development
- Analyze product reliability specifications and create new test cases and algorithms
- Design and execute test plans (test type, phase, quantity) to maximize test coverage
- Analyze test data collected to provide estimations for product life, reliability and predict failure modes
- On failure, perform 1st level failure analysis using debugging tools to understand and articulate failure mode to other engineers
- Work in cooperation with FW and NAND engineering functions to design new test cases and debug failures
- Development of data analysis tools to expand test coverage and failure prediction
- BS/MS in electrical, mechanical, computer engineering or similar disciplines
- Experience Python test script development and test automation
- Familiarity with Java/C++ for test tool development
- Familiarity with SATA & NVMe interface and commands
- Must have strong communication skills
- Prefer 3+ years of work experience in the data storage industry
- Familiarity with storage test methodology (such as RDT and design margin testing)
- Understanding of reliability concepts such as life models, AFR and MTBF
- Experience working with volume SSD test system such as Flexstar, Neosem, Advantest, or UniTest equipment
- Experience working with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Familiar with database design and languages (SQL)
- Familiarity with RESTful API integration
- Experience with statistics analysis applications such as JMP for data analysis
- Experience with joint qualification process for enterprise customers
- Ability to read interface bus captures and understand/correlate failure modes
- Experience with code revision control tools (such as git and Perforce)
SK hynix memory solutions America Inc. offers you the opportunity to apply your skills to exciting projects while working with innovative teams. Our compensation package is complimented by a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a company 401(k) match, as well as cafeteria, onsite gym and much more. If you are motivated by technical challenges, we offer a collaborative work environment that encourages career growth.