Senior Engineer of SSD NAND Failure Analysis
As part of this role, the candidate will perform but not limited to the following functions:
- Analyze and judge SSD system failures based on strong knowledge for embedded system architecture
- Perform collaboration with other stakeholders for SSD FW/SoC/PE/HW and NAND team.
- Cope with NAND failure issues occurred at customer site or customer qualification and delivering Failure Analysis Report.
- Perform failure analysis on NAND and SSD, feedback to the SoC, firmware, hardware engineers.
- Trace and manage the history of corrective actions to address enterprise SSD failures.
- Develop and implement test items and test scripts to analyze enterprise SSD failures and monitor potential problems.
- Work with the Firmware team to define the needed VU commands, develop, implement, debug and run SSD system level tools for SSD failure analysis.
- Perform SSD system testing in an integrated environment as a part of analysis.
- BS degree in engineering is required
- 5+ years of hands-on development/analysis experience in SSD or storage systems.
- Strong knowledge of embedded system architecture including controller and firmware
- Expertise knowledge in NAND device physics, functional specification and failure mechanisms.
- Demonstrated expertise in NAND failure analysis, testing and debug efforts.
- Good understanding of key NAND system specifications.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work with logic analyzer and oscilloscope
- Data process and analysis using Python, R or Spotfire.
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- Excellent oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- SATA and NVMe specification knowledge is a plus
- Test automation knowledge is a plus
- Database management knowledge is a plus
- NAND and silicon process knowledge is a plus
- Experience in SSD customer engagement is a plus.
- Experience of firmware debugging tools such as JTAG and In-Circuit Emulator is a plus.
- Experience in state of the art of NAND flash memory, 3D-NAND experience is a plus.
- Experience with multi-ARM core based development is a plus.