Senior Engineer of SSD NAND Characterization
As part of this role, the candidate will perform but not limited to the following functions:
- Work with the Firmware team to define the needed VU commands, develop, implement, debug and run firmware tools for SSD level NAND characterization.
- Develop and implement test items and test scripts for internal test platform to validate SSD level NAND reliability and performance.
- Analyze customer requirements and dealing with customer issues.
- Work with NAND reliability team to deliver NAND reliability requirements and validating through SSD level NAND characterization.
- Perform collaboration with other stakeholders for SSD architecture/FW/SoC and NAND team.
- BS degree in engineering is required
- 5+ years of hands-on development/analysis experience in SSD or storage systems.
- Expertise knowledge in NAND reliability test and JEDEC standards.
- Hands-on experience of SSD level testing, performance measurement.
- Ability to work on SSD system performance analysis with flash friendly file systems and databases.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Knowledge of SSD level NAND management schemes such as Read Reclaim and Background Media Scan.
- Excellent oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Data process and analysis using C/C++, Matlab or Python, Spotfire.
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- Experience in SSD customer engagement is a plus.
- Experience in state of the art of NAND flash memory, 3D-NAND experience is a plus.
- Experience with multi-ARM core based development is a plus.