SSD FW Algorithm, Modeling and Competitive Analysis Principal Engineer
- Hands-on experience in design and implement SSD/NAND controllers FW algorithms
- Proven capability in statistical and transactional modeling of systems, model development and correlation
- Experience in benchmarking and analyzing the performance and operating characteristics of SSD
- Experience in developing NAND management and virtualization algorithms
- Experience or good knowledge over NAND operations.
- Proficient in C/C++, Python and similar scripting and modeling languages
- Experience in software design and programming in embedded controller environment.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem- solving environment.
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation.
- Good understanding of ARM architecture and experience in ARM assembly is a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze benchmarking results to determine algorithms, strength and weaknesses of designs
- Design and tests on a range of SSD devices for system behavior for competitive analysis
- Develop statistical and transactional models to validate design assumptions
- Propose new and novel algorithms for future SSD designs, model, simulate and evaluate these new designs
- Proactively contribute in teamwork.
- Proactively engage with other teams including SoC, hardware, validation teams with good communication skills.
- Work with global firmware teams in multiple continents.
- BS in either Computer Science or Electrical Engineering