2019 - Product Test Engineering Intern
About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Our Product Test Engineers play a key role in product and test development, characterization, qualification, and manufacturing release of new designs and derivative products As a Silicon Labs Intern, you will help develop the industry’s leading products in IoT and Infrastructure and Automotive (I&A) all while being mentored and closely guided by the best engineers who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through our social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities.
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team
What You’ll Do
Interns work within a small, collaborative team of the industry’s most innovative talent. Projects are specifically tailored to each intern, ensuring a meaningful contribution to both your skillset and Silicon Labs. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Product and test development of high speed and mixed signal ICs from the post-design stage through manufacturing release. Develop test solutions used in design validation and mass production. Support manufacturing engineers on yield improvement, quality assurance, and cost reduction efforts.
- Develop hardware and software for device characterization and production test on automated test equipment (ATE). Perform characterization and reliability qualification of new designs and provide statistical analysis of results. Develop hardware for stress tests in product qualification. Meet schedules for prototype evaluation, characterization, qualification and production release.
Who You Are
You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You have a curious mind and a drive to succeed. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Enrollment in BS/MS Electrical Engineering or related degree plan
- Coursework in Analog Systems, IC Design, and Semiconductor Fabrication preferred
- Software development knowledge including C/C++, Visual Basic, PERL, or Python
- Hardware design lab or internship experience using PCB design software
What’s in a World-Class Internship?
Apply what you’ve learned in school to build technology that solves some of the planet’s most significant challenges.. You will join a community of fellow interns and alumni who engage and empower your excellence. Take it from our previous interns:
“Both the mentor and manager are really nice. They solved every question (including technical and career) I had during the internship.”– 2018 Design Engineer Intern
" The innovative projects which are actually useful to the company, the amazing people, the fun-filled activities and my wonderful team all made sure that this has been one of the best summers of my life." - 2018 CAD Intern
Curious for more feedback? Check out our Glassdoor (bit.ly/SilabsGlassdoor)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.