2019 - CAD Engineering Intern
About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Our CAD Engineers, solve real-world problems within a small, collaborative team of the industry’s most innovative talent. As a Silicon Labs Intern, you will help develop the industry’s leading products in IoT and Infrastructure and Automotive (I&A) all while being mentored and closely guided by the best engineers who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through our social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities.
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team
What You’ll Do
Our intern projects are designed to help you to grow your skill set while making meaningful contributions to our business. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Under the guidance a small team, you will work from schematics, engineering diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and troubleshooting of equipment. You will also assist with developing, characterizing, and testing new equipment.
- Lead technical experiments that perform root cause analysis on technical problems. Using this research, you will summarize your data and devise, fabricate, and draft solutions. Then you will share presentation and report of your findings.
- Collaborate with equipment Design Engineers to test prototype equipment and participate in special beta engineering projects, Implement equipment modifications that will improve equipment reliability, repeatability, standardization, safety, performance, quality and reduce the cost of operation.
Who You Are
You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You have a curious mind and a drive to succeed. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Enrollment in BS/MS/PhD Mechanical or Computer Engineering degree plan
- A combination of one or more of the following:
- Experience with Cadence Virtuoso,Verilog, QRC, Encounter or other Place & Route tools
- Understanding VLSI design fundamentals including transistor theory, CMOS fabrication processes and DFM.
- Familiarity with programming languages like Perl, Tcl, Shell,Make and SKILL is a plus
What’s in a World-Class Internship?
Apply what you’ve learned in school to build technology that solves some of the planet’s most significant challenges. You will join a community of fellow interns and alumni who engage and empower your excellence. Take it from our previous interns:
“Both the mentor and manager are really nice. They solved every question (including technical and career) I had during the internship.”– 2018 Design Engineer Intern
" The innovative projects which are actually useful to the company, the amazing people, the fun-filled activities and my wonderful team all made sure that this has been one of the best summers of my life." - 2018 CAD Intern
Curious for more feedback? Check out our Glassdoor (bit.ly/SilabsGlassdoor)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.