IoT Product Manager, Proprietary Wireless
IoT Product Manager, Proprietary Wireless
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Proprietary Wireless at Silicon Labs
Silicon Labs proprietary wireless product line is one of our largest, fastest growing businesses and includes sub-GHz transceivers and wireless SOCs targeting high performance, long range and ultra-low power applications. Our industry leading solutions drive the connected home, smart metering, commercial/industrial automation and lighting markets. We’ve shipped over 250 million proprietary wireless devices to date and you can find our technology in leading IoT platforms across the various market segments.
Why this position matters?
The Product Manager is a key position in our wireless Internet of Things (IoT) business unit with responsibility for developing a deep understanding of target market segments, opportunities and technical requirements to realize commercial success of proprietary wireless solutions that combine our wireless SOC’s, transceivers, and software. This is a highly visible role and you will be at the center of Silicon Labs’ fast-paced, high growth proprietary wireless business. Performance is primarily measured on the ability to execute on product roadmap definition/delivery, key customer success and product line performance.
Is this a great match for you?
We are searching for a detail-oriented, strategic Product Manager with a demonstrated ability to manage fast moving and innovative products, especially in the wireless semiconductor space. The ideal candidate will possess a strong balance of technical skills and business acumen, combined with a competitive drive to win. You will work closely with our customers and internal teams to identify and execute business strategies and to guide product definition, execution and priorities. You will also be involved in an evolving firmware definition and requirements management process and will collaborate with project management and firmware engineering to execute on roadmap deliverables, and provide collateral for features and products.
- Recommend, specify and drive execution of proprietary wireless solutions including silicon, modules, software and tools
- Define products by translating customer needs into detailed technical requirements for R&D
- Manage products throughout the entire product life-cycle including strategic and tactical activities such as product definition, promotion, collateral generation and customer support
- Develop a deep understanding of the markets, customers and technical requirements to drive commercial success and continued growth and adoption of proprietary wireless technologies
- Collaborate with sales, business development, engineering, project management and corporate marketing teams to guide product execution, priorities and delivery
- Manage requests and expectations across our global sales team and customer base, balancing tactical/strategic actions in response
- Develop and deliver marketing content including competitive positioning, product updates, sales trainings, webinars, whitepapers, etc.
- Drive product launches, marketing activities, sales enablement and product training
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to ensure our proprietary wireless solutions are well-aligned with and prioritized to continuously evolving business, market and customer needs
- Work with legal team to negotiate supplier, partnership and IP license agreements
- Periodic domestic and international travel required to our global sites and key customers in North America, Europe and Asia
- 5+ years of experience in wireless system design and/or wireless product marketing
- Solid understanding of radio architecture, proprietary wireless protocols and operation in licensed and ISM bands
- Specific knowledge of regulatory requirements for wireless devices (e.g. FCC/IC, CE, ARIB) or LPWAN technologies (e.g. SigFox, LoRa, LTE-M, NB-IoT)
- Strong knowledge of embedded systems and semiconductors
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate and excite people and influence customers and internal stakeholders
- Self-driving, self-motivated, enthusiastic, dynamic, adaptable, organized with attention to detail
- Master's/Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent), MBA preferred