TAX DIRECTOR/INTERNAL - REMOTE/VIRTUAL ROLE
Do you want to work for a rapidly growing, fast-paced global professional services firm with countless opportunities for progression?
At Sikich, we believe in empowering our employees.
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Our tax professionals are highly motivated self-starters with a passion for education and growth. With technical expertise in tax compliance, regulations and the ever-changing tax environment, our professionals assist clients in educating and advising them on what matters to their business. Our team members are nimble and have experience working with clients of varying sizes within many industries. Sikich tax professionals are also equipped with digital solutions that enable them to be advisors and consultative in their role at Sikich. Additionally, our tax department shares projects and resources across offices through our cloud-based solutions that allow us to collaborate globally.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Internal lead for all Partnership related tax compliance and tax obligations; will partner with internal subject matter experts to drive timely completion
- Partner K-1s preparation and secure delivery
- Legal entity / Partnership taxation: including state income tax filing, composite returns, personal property returns, estimate filings, tax basis amortization of Goodwill
- Tax related analytics and forecasting; projections of tax liabilities to facilitate firm decision making and aid partner financial planning
- State & local sales taxes – responsible for systems controls and calculations in addition to managing sales tax audits and coordinating with internal sales tax subject matter experts
- Tax accruals and associated reconciliations as part of close process, conversion from US GAAP accrual basis books to Tax Basis books
- Fixed assets review for tax impacts
- M&A review for internal tax impacts
- Retired Partner election statements for 736(a)
- Point person for Partner Tax questions and issues
- Established time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated strong project management and planning skills with an emphasis on due dates/milestones
- Experience with Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP and other enterprise resource planning applications
- Familiarity with financial statements (balance sheet, income statement & cash flow statement)
- Experience with tax aspects of business transaction issues, including shareholder transactions, M&A, executive compensation, leveraged buyouts, cost segregation, R&D tax credits, accounting method changes, tax reform act, partnership operating agreement consulting, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification
- 10+ years of tax experience with focus on multi-state returns for professional service firms, Partnerships, etc.
- Strong Excel expertise
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V