Audit Senior Accountant - Government
AUDIT SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - GOVERNMENT - REMOTE/VIRTUAL ROLE
Do you want to work for a rapidly growing, fast-paced global professional services firm with countless opportunities for progression?
At Sikich, we believe in empowering our employees.
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Sikich technology professionals are collaborative, engaged and excel when working directly with clients to implement business processes under their expertise. Our technology experts stay current on software application functional capabilities and product capabilities. These professionals are team-oriented and also feel comfortable leading an implementation, upgrade or support for clients.
Working in a fast-paced environment while also dealing hands-on with valued clients, audit professionals at Sikich are highly motivated and detail-oriented individuals. Professionals in this field possess excellent communication skills and are comfortable providing strategic and tactical accounting advice and recommendations to firm clients. Our audit professionals utilize technology to deliver effective client solutions and spend time researching new and developing changes in the field. Sikich’s audit team members are educated in finance, accounting and related fields.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide solutions to complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of a variety of factors
- Provide strategic and tactical accounting advice and recommendations to firm’s clientele (75% Government and 25% Other Industries)
- Consult with clients on various internal accounting related transactions
- Train junior staff on Audit procedures as well as organizational procedures
- Ability to service multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Verbal and written skills with the emphasis on being able to articulate complex financial information to a variety of cliental
- Provide review of work product and performance
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA certification
- 3+ years of public accounting experience with the ability to engage in all facets of an Audit engagement
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- 1+ Years of prior leadership experience
- Prior Governmental Audit experience in a Public Accounting environment
- Proficiency with computerized accounting software and MS Office
- Experience with National Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) or GFOA Certificate of Achievement
- Experience in TID Reporting and TID Filing
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V