Tax Senior Accountant
TAX SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - REMOTE/VIRTUAL ROLE
Do you want to work for a rapidly growing, fast-paced global professional services firm with countless opportunities for progression?
At Sikich, we believe in empowering our employees.
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies and ranks as one of the largest CPA firms in the United States. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Our tax professionals are highly motivated self-starters with a passion for education and growth. With technical expertise in tax compliance, regulations and the ever-changing tax environment, our professionals assist clients in educating and advising them on what matters to their business. Our team members are nimble and have experience working with clients of varying sizes within many industries. Sikich tax professionals are also equipped with digital solutions that enable them to be advisors and consultative in their role at Sikich. Additionally, our tax department shares projects and resources across offices through our cloud-based solutions that allow us to collaborate globally.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support tax and business succession planning services and train to become a lead advisor
- Ability to move into a client facing, business and tax advisory role
- Work with audit and assurance team in a tax and advisory role
- Prepare and review more complex tax returns (consolidated or multi-state business returns, complex pass-through entities and complex individuals)
- Identify and research tax planning and compliance issues
- Assist partners and managers in consulting with closely held businesses and individual clients on financial and tax planning matters
- Interest in career growth, business succession planning and providing solutions
- Coach and train and mentor entry level staff and interns
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Ability to service multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Strong communication (verbal & written) skills with an emphasis on the ability to articulate complex tax & financial information to all levels of clients
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or EA certification (or progress towards certification)
- 3+ years of current public accounting experience
- 1+ years supervisory experience
- Proficiency with computerized tax software & Microsoft Office
- Strong client rapport & project management skills
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V