Who We Are:
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote is not available for this role)
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Category: Full-Time, Exempt, Union
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of the day
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Data Solutions, Architect Manager, the Database Developer will help solve a variety of technical database challenges and work directly with the Business Analytics and Technology Solutions teams to support the development and maintenance of the organization’s data warehouse. The Database Developer supports the Data Engineer and Data Architect in data flow and data marts creation.
- Develop and maintain the Data Warehouse;
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases and data marts;
- Modify databases according to requests by the BI team or other stakeholders;
- Work with developers to capture application data based upon the business needs;
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems;
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between and across systems including data mapping & integration;
- Support the configuration of Master Data Management and streamlined data flows;
- Support ETL/ELT pipelines as necessary;
- Develop and maintain technical and training documentation;
- Ensure all database programs meet organization and performance requirements;
- Additional duties as assigned by your manager.
You Will Need to Have:
- 5+ years of experience working directly with data warehouses;
- Strong understanding of ETL methodologies, Business Intelligence, and Data Warehousing principles, approaches, technologies, and architectures including the concepts, designs, and usage of data warehouses and data marts;
- Experience building data solutions with Amazon Web Services, such as S3, RDS, Redshift, Aurora, Snowflake, Lambda;
- Outstanding SQL scripting skills;
- Experience with connecting to and posting to API’s for data ingestion and publishing of data sets, including SOAP & REST and related transport technologies (XML/JSON);
- Experience with other object-oriented development tools such as C#/.Net ,Java, Python;
- Experience working in an Agile/Kanban model;
- The ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact with all levels of business and IT organizations;
- A team-oriented mindset, ability to manage multiple priorities, follow a project plan, and meet project delivery dates;
- Strong organizational ability with excellent decision making, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills.
It Will Be Great if You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Salesforce, Dell Boomi, Matillion, SSIS or other connector-based configuration experience;
- Experience with data injection from multiple systems.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.